Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A new California face

Here's a little secret: I'm going to suspend my Facebook account for the summer.  Yep, that's right--this summer will be Facebook Free.  Mostly because I'm pretty sure I'll be too busy at the ocean or the yoga studio to be bothered.  But, I know that there are people who will want to see how my summer is going...so, I've given the ol' Blog a facelift for the California Experience.

Three weeks from today, I'll be chilling in Colorado Springs, about halfway through my trip.  The plan is to leave June 7th after school is done for the day.  I'm a little bummed to miss graduation; this will be the first time I've ever missed one.  But, I like the idea of leaving with a half-day's drive ahead of me rather than starting out with a big 12 hour leg right off the bat.

What I have to get done between now and then is absolutely paralyzing.  I'm a little over-emotional, a little hyper-sensitive, and I know it's my "to do" list that's weighing on me so heavily.  I have to remember that everything will get done--or it won't.  If it doesn't get done, for the most part it'll be okay.  The stuff that absolutely needs to get done will get done. I also have a feeling that I'll be a much different person when I come back.  There's a big risk that comes from taking a completely different path from normal.  I'll say more about that...probably a lot more...later.

In the meantime, you'll be able to start looking here rather than Facebook for my California Experience.  Happy following!

No comments: